Share with others

05 February 2016

36/366

"She was not a slowpoke grownup. She was a girl who could not wait. Life was so interesting she had to find out what happened next." 
— Beverly ClearyRamona the Pest 


Life is so interesting.

I started the day with a group of homeschool moms. How did it happen that I was (at least nearly was, nah, I'm pretty sure I was...) the oldest still-homeschooling one in the room? I got to share about art and draw lines and color and create with super creative and very fun 4th-6th graders. 

I borrowed money from a friend for the toll (a friend in need is a friend indeed!) and picked up a box-full of basketball trophies and drove down the road. I crossed into Mexico. Traffic backed up immediately. I got the red light (and so did seemingly everyone crossing into Mexico today). The guy looking in my car examined every trophy, even called over a supervisor, and then told me to have a nice day. 

I dodged pedestrians and cars and dogs in the street and wound my way back to our neighborhood. I spent the afternoon translating English to Spanish (which was then translated to Mexican Sign Language) for a class of girls from the deaf school learning to sew. I crossed back over to the States after being asked to buy peanut patties and pottery and snacks and jewelry, after offers to have my windows washed, after appeals for money and more appeals for money. I dropped off friends, and drove back down the road, talking about ESL with a friend in far-away-Nebraska ready to start Bible studies with Karen people. 

I picked up cupcakes for the end-of-the-year basketball banquet and chicken for our dinner and headed home, 10 hours later. 

What is going to happen next?


No comments: