Share with others

02 February 2016

31/366

I headed toward the entrance to get my bulletin and her smiling face greeted me. Even though it had been many years, I recognized her immediately, and returning the grin came easy. We exchanged greetings and hugs and started to make our way to our pews. But then they stopped me and invited us to breakfast after church.
Invited us to breakfast after church!

We are rarely, rarely, invited to join folks to eat after worship. And so, that invitation came as an unexpected grace. But even more, what a treat to share a meal with this special couple. All five of us grinned ear to ear, from sitting down and squeezing into the booth to eating and on the drive home.

Our hearts and our bellies are full. You blessed our socks off, Dottie and Charles! Welcome to south Texas!

No comments: