Share with others

12 November 2015

315/365

I’m thankful for those who serve our country in the military.
I’m thankful because I understand in a small way the sacrifice that is.
I’m thankful because my husband served in the US Navy for 20 years.
He was away from our family for months at a time, under the sea, going places we’ll never know about, on missions we’ll never talk about. 
I’d send weekly 40 word messages to let him know we were ok.
I’d shower with the phone stretched all the way to the bathroom if I thought they might be in port, just to not miss that call.
I’d wait at the dock for homecomings, ready to introduce our young kids to their dad all over again.
I’m thankful for God’s constant provision during those years.
I’m thankful for rich community and friendships that last even today.
I’m thankful for those who have sacrificed so much more, their very lives, for our liberty and freedom.

No comments: