Share with others

25 April 2015

114/365

I thought about the day and what to write.

Would it be about the delight of young learners reciting their ABC's and playing a simple harmonica tune and telling about their studies of the world or even their favorite toy, or the beauty of young ladies "singing" in sign language?

Or maybe the words to try to express the deep peace of abiding in "be still" for even just a short portion of the day.

Or the experience of crossing the international bridge on a warm and windy Friday afternoon, of the women and children and disabled and perfectly-abled trying to hawk everything under the sun while the cars wait and move at a crawl.

Or how the Mexican vendor yelled at me for not moving along at the pace he thought correct UNTIL he found out that I have the SENTRI pass... and then how he cheerfully exclaimed, "I will help you!" in English and held the sticks down so that I could pass.

Or perhaps sharing some of the sweet comfort and rest that a night at home sitting around the table with those that know you best brings.

Or how the flash and crash and violent bursts of a quickly moving thunderstorm remind you of the very awesome power of our Creator God, and that even so, I am safe with Him.

Rock of Ages, when the day seems long
From this labor and this heartache, I have come
The skies will wear out, but you remain the same
Rock of Ages, I praise your name.
- "Rock of Ages (When The Day Seems Long)," words by Sandra McCracken, music by Kevin Twit.

No comments: