Share with others

12 March 2015

71/365

The cows stared at us, obviously unaccustomed to a 12 passenger van rolling behind their otherwise quiet and secluded back pasture. They weren't the only ones questioning our presence. Driving that hulk of a van on top of a canal, I had my doubts as well...

I imagined the conversation with my husband-
"Um, the van is in the canal."
"WHAT?!"
"Well, the road was muddy, REALLY muddy, and I didn't want to get stuck, but I couldn't really turn around, and I kept driving, but I couldn't stop, and..."

Thankfully it all ended well.

Maybe it was that burst of sunshine and blue skies and wide open windows for the first time in a week that gave us a sense of invincibility? Maybe it was a touch of Spring Fever? Maybe it was peer pressure? Whichever, we stopped to take a picture, traversed those last few yards of canal, and laughed until the (*ahem*) cows came home.

:-)

No comments: